Monday, March 26, 2007

Contrary to popular belief

I haven't died, it has been some time since I have posted though. Rest assured that I have been saving stories for a mega-post when I finally re-join the blog world. Here goes (please click the headings for links to more info):

  • Essential Festival (Sydney) - Very pleased to hear that it has returned to fill a weekend otherwise filled with two-up and drunken chats with old diggers.
  • Bluesfest (Byron Bay) - Final Announce has finally been made (shame about Dave Matthews pulling out). Timetable is up now too.
  • Cold War Kids - coming to Oz in May/June.
  • Little Barrie - coming to Oz in April.
  • Pitchfork Music Festival (US) - First announce.
  • Garage to V - One of the best organised band comps I've seen in years. Congrats to The Seabellies, but keep an eye on all the finalists.
  • The Fratellis - new single released on USB memory stick.
  • MyTickets - new ticket outlet for Australia.
  • Virgin Festival (US) - First announce.
  • Roskilde (Denmark) - I'm not sure if I love or hate Roskilde's method of announcing a couple of bands each week. We are finally nearing the end - but my has it been a long journey.
  • MTV Kickstart 2007 - Another great national band comp - Winner announced 29th March.
  • Softlightes at The Hoey - I am very excited about this gig! Even so far as to say that it is my most anticipated gig of the year thus far.
  • Roadrunner Records - One for all you metal heads. If you want to see Channel V bring back a regular metal show then send an email here for details on how to join the campaign: emarketing@roadrunnerrecords.com.au
  • New Found Frequency - Listen to live gigs from venues around Australia
  • Bloc Party - impressively sell out oz side-shows in less than 30 mins. Hordern & Festival Hall - thats what? 10,000 tix?
  • Common People - finally the indie rock DJ phenomenon (done so well by Death Disco & then Purple Sneakers) has made it to Brisbane, albeit lacking exposure by technology...
  • Pela - I know it has only been 3 weeks since my last post about these guys - but that means 3 great new tracks up on their E-card.
  • V Festival - Maps/Timetables are now up.
  • UncharTED - Tooheys Extra Dry have got in on the act, following closely down the path paved by Triple J Unearthed, and the current trend by alcohol companies to get more publicly involved in the music industry.
  • Carling Weekend (UK) - Leeds & Reading Festivals
  • Isle of Wight (UK) - Rolling Stones & Echo and The Bunnymen headlining
  • ATP vs The Fans (UK) - I love the concept of this festival - letting the fans choose the line-up (and what a good one it is this year). In fact I love all the concepts that All Tomorrow's Parties (ATP) come up with.
  • Jack Awards - To be held 15th May 2007 at a new venue: Luna Park Big Top
I think that might do for now. It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll b at the softlightes, photographing as per usual. I dont know much about their stuff as I think I should.